Recover My Documents Data
Do you want to recover My Documents folder?
For easy maintenance of your important files, Microsoft Windows provides a folder called My Documents. It comes with installation of OS and contains subfolders namely My Pictures, My Videos, and My Pictures for specific storage of audio, video and picture files. My Documents makes the work easier for different users on the same system. Whenever you download some important file from internet then by default it will be saved under My Documents folder.
Loosing or deletion of this My Documents folder will create a big problem as it contains important files in it. When it gets deleted all the files in it will also be get deleted. In order to folders recovery from My Documents directory you have to use some efficient tool. Recover Folders software is such a powerful tool available in the market which can easily retrieve accidentally deleted folder on your computer. Like in Windows we have My Documents folder, in Macintosh we have Documents folder. This software can also recover Document folder on Mac OS X 10.5.X and above versions.
Reasons behind deletion of My Documents folder:
There are various scenarios where you may ned to recover My Documents folder on your computer. You may accidentally delete this folder without your knowledge. Sometimes when you format the drive containing My Documents folder then it will get deleted automatically along with stored data. Virus attack is also one of the main reasons which cause loss. These viruses affect the file system of the computer and make some folders inaccessible. During installing new operating system or during upgrading of OS if any error occurs then you might lose My Document folder. Other reasons like improper shutdown of computer, unexpected power outage, are also some reasons for deletion of folders. But no need to panic, use this application to recover My Documents folder successfully.
Some useful tips to avoid My Documents folder deletion
- Make sure that you are taking proper backup for folders before formatting or reformatting the hard disk.
- Always keep installed an up to date anti-virus program to remove harmful virus from system.
- Shut down the computer in a correct manner.
Even after taking the precautions, if you have lost the folders then you have to use Recover Folders software in order to restore folders in Windows 7 and other versions of Windows and also from Mac operating system. As you can recover My Documents folder on PC, you can also use this tool to recover deleted folder from external hard disk, memory card, SD card, USB drives, FireWire drives etc.
Features that make Recover Folders software a unique tool:
- Files bypassing Recycle Bin when they exceed in size as compared to the assigned recycle bin size, files deleted using Shift Delete or when deleted using Windows command prompt can be recovered quickly.
- Complete hard disk recovery when drive is crashed or fails to boot.
- Supports recovery of folders from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, and Ext FAT formatted drives.
- Recover deleted files, from formatted or deleted partitions from RAID0, RAID1 and RAID5 array.
- Option to view recovered media files using "Preview" option.
Steps to recover My Documents folder:
Step 1: Download and install the Recover Folders software. Select "Recover Files" option from the main window as shown in Fig 1.
Fig 1: Main Window
Step 2: After selecting the logical drive from which you have lost your folders, click on "Next" as shown in Fig 2.
Fig 2: Choose Logical Drive
Step 3: The recovered files will be displayed in "File Type" view as shown in Fig 3.
Fig 3:File Type View