Recover Deleted Folders
How to recover accidentally deleted folder from your computer?
Folders on your hard drive store various types of files. These files can be documents, libraries, programs, scripts and any other kind of computer file. Folders allow user to organize their files in a way that makes easy to access them. For example, all the photos are stored in photos directory, movies are stored in Video folder and like there are many folders which contains huge number of files in it. The various system files are also saved in many folders within Windows drive.
Suppose you did systems restore operation and it deleted your folder which contained your office documents, pictures, and videos. You don't understand why it is deleted. You might have deleted it mistakenly without your knowledge. If that folder matters you a lot then you have to use Recover Folders software to restore folders. When a folder is deleted its actual contents remain intact initially. However, the memory space of deleted folder is simply marked as free for further storage. In such conditions Recover Folders software helps you to recover deleted folder from external hard drive and also from other storage drives like pen drives, SD cards, memory cards, FireWire drives etc on both on Windows and Mac platforms.
Reasons for deletion of folders:
- Shift Delete: Accidental deletion of important folder using Shift + Del keys, unintentionally or accidentally emptying Recycle Bin folder or Trash folder leads to folder loss scenarios.
- Accidental Deletion: The folders can be accidentally deleted from any externally connected storage media like USB drive, memory cards, etc. This is because; the folders deleted from any external drives will directly get deleted without moving in to Recycle Bin in Windows or Trash on Mac OS. As a result, the user has no chance to restore the deleted folders from Recycle Bin or Trash. Folders can also be lost due to improper file transfer error, device usage, virus attack or file system corruption.
- Command Prompt Deletion: Folder can permanently deleted by using RD, RMDIR command from command prompt. One can accidentally delete important files along with the directory from Windows using these commands. Some commands like RM, doesn’t even ask confirmation before deletion which increases the chances of accidental deletion even more.
Recover Folders software is built with powerful recovery algorithm which is capable to recover accidentally deleted folder. You can easily restore My Documents folder and can retrieve any folders within it. The recovered folders will be same as the original folders hence this software is total trustworthy and secure. It can be efficiently used to recover accidentally deleted folder from Windows 7 and also from various other popular versions of Windows and Mac operating systems.
Special features of Recover Folders software are as follows:
- Recover accidentally deleted folder from Recycle Bin when they bypasses Recycle Bin or Trash Bin folder.
- It also helps you to restore folders from formatted drive after accidental format.
- Provides an option to compress the recovered folders in a zip archive to save disk space.
- You can save the recovery session of the scanning process and resume it whenever you want to use it in future.
- Option to view the media files from the folders using "Preview" option.
Guidelines to recover accidentally deleted folder:
Step 1: After installing Recover Folders software on your computer, select "Recover Files" from the main window and then choose "Recover Deleted Files" as shown in Figure A.
Figure A: Main Window
Step 2: Choose the appropriate drive among the listed and click "Next", it will start scanning the selected drive as shown in Figure B.
Figure B: Select Partition
Step 3: You save the recovery session by clicking "Save Recovery Session" option as shown in Figure C.
Figure C: Save Recovery Session